Sunday 4 December 2011

Guys, I'm Going On a Diet... Tomorrow

When it comes to eating healthy, I have good intentions. 

For the first two days of my "diet" I'm a green eating machine. Salad, broccoli, celery, you name it, I'm consuming large amounts of it. I convince my mind I that I would really rather eat copious amounts of carrots than have a Big Mac with large fries and a medium Fruitopia (strawberry). I substitute that Snickers bar for a Vector energy bar and tell myself I'm making the right choice. And I believe it... for a while.

Then I hit the 72 hour mark. It's usually around this time that I feel gorging on General Tso's Chicken with a side of fried rice and a can of Sprite is an appropriate reward for all my hard work. Counter-productive? Not in the slightest.  

It goes without saying that everything goes downhill from here. My locomotive runs out of steam and I abandon the diet. Now, during this time I'm still exercising. I do love working out. But you can't expect results if you work out like a maniac then go home and raid your pantry for brownies. 

This time, though, I'm determined to stick with my diet. And this time I'm employing the buddy system. A good gal pal and I are going to keep each other accountable by checking in on how our respective work out's and diets are going. If I see her walking towards the line up for Harvey's at school, a little clearing of the throat and a disapproving glance will help steer her in the right direction (literally- towards Subway). And vice versa. 

Feeling good and looking your best starts from the inside. So find a friend whose just as motivated as you are and partner up! Also, I'd love to know how you're doing on your healthy lifestyle journey! Keep me posted :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment